On Saturday, May 15th, Make IT in Oradea organized the Demo Day event during which fifteen startups presented their demos for the technological products they are developing.
The fifteen teams were pre-selected over the five Bright Nights events that took place between December 2020 and March 2021. Following the pre-selection, the teams went through a pre-incubation stage which consisted of a series of meetings, assistance, feedback, and workshops with different experts.
Saturday’s event was judged by nine members from different areas of expertise, each of whom has experience in developing and/or financing tech startups: Alin Mercheș (Mobiversal), Jan Lukacs (Paymo), Bustean Dan Cristian (Helion), Ștefan Munteanu (ROETCO), Vlad Sarca (investor), Istvan Barta (Tracknamic), Monica Obogeanu (Orange), Daniel Andor (Durran), and Robert Gyorodi (University of Oradea).
The event took place both physically, at the Oradea Tech Hub coworking space, and online. Business ideas from areas including medtech, agritech, social networking, advertising, tourism, cybersecurity, Saas, and Smart City were presented in the first part of the day. The lunch break offered participants an ideal opportunity to interact with one another, to share their experiences and knowledge. It also served as a time for a mentoring and networking session with the jury members and guests from the local community. The second session consisted of presentations from areas including human resources, IoT, mobility, cybersecurity, and tourism.
After the jury deliberated, the eight teams selected for the incubation stage were announced and were each awarded 5000 Euros to aid in the development of their presented startups.
- Foni (Germany & Timișoara) – is a healthcare platform that offers proprietary voice recognition technology that improves the functionality and performance of medical personnel.
- MyJourney (Oradea) – is an app designed to make traveling easier and more efficient by considering the user’s personal interests and timeline to create the perfect itinerary.
- Bluuk.io (Oradea) – internationalized software bug bounty hunting. Regardless of the programming language of choice, companies can establish and manage bug bounty programs, thus allowing “local” companies to collaborate and fix their issues with “local” security researchers.
- Rentime (Oradea) – is a software for property owners that will integrate all their listings into one platform where they can seamlessly connect through API their most important reservation channels. As well, they can easily manage communication and keep them altogether, adopt custom price strategies, and set availability, while they can benefit from local support 24/7.
- Feat (Netherlands) – consists of an online service that uses an algorithm to guide low-to-middle income workers to jobs in thriving industries based on their transferable skills.
- Bang (Oradea) – is a bike assistant for navigation and guidance proposing an optimal solution using haptics to assist the routing of cyclists in traffic, without disturbing their attention.
- Cautcurier.ro – (Timișoara) – aims to offer real time information available for the clients of courier companies and digitize and automate the logistics management for couriers as well as gaining access to a higher supply demand.
The pitching sessions were recorded and can be watched on Make it in Oradea’s Facebook page. During the next 3 months, the Bright Labs Incubator program will be offering mentoring, activities, various meetings, and workshops with different specialists and entrepreneurs. Information about the mentors can be found on Make IT in Oradea’s website. At the end of the three months of incubation, the most promising startups will have the opportunity to receive funding in order to accelerate their development.
About Make IT in Oradea
Make IT in Oradea is a non-profit initiative developed by a couple of local tech companies hand in hand with the local administration. Their purpose is to boost, develop and promote local IT&C talent and creative startups. For more details, visit their website.